If this FAQ does not answer your question:
Q: What are the Do's and Don'ts in the Library?
1. Maintain an environment conducive for study in the Library by not talking loudly, behaving in a rowdy manner or discussing freely in the Quiet Zone. If you do so, you may be asked to leave the Library.
2. Switch your mobile phones to vibrate/ silent mode when in the Library so as not to disturb other Library users. You will be penalized if you are caught receiving or making phone calls inside the Library.
3. Keep seats and Library furniture in their original positions. Do not reserve seats.
4. Handle Library materials with care.
5. Leave books on the tables or trolleys provided.
6. Do not litter, vandalize, and write on tables, chairs, book shelves or on walls.
7. Use the computers in the Library for research and study purposes. Do not access undesirable Internet sites, chat, email and play games on these computers. Do not install, customize or change the computer programmes in any way.
8. When photocopying Library materials, please observe the Copyright Act. You may photocopy only up to 10% of a publication.
9. When leaving the Library, use the exit gate which is equipped with an Electronic Security System.
10. Library staff on duty has the right to check books, files, bags that are being taken out of the Library.
11. The Library reserves the right to amend Library rules and regulations as and when necessary.
Q: What is the policy on eating and drinking in the Library?
A: Consumption of food and beverages is prohibited in most of the Library's public areas. However, food and beverages can be purchased and consumed in the Coffee Bar, Teo Soo Pin Library. Library staff will ask a user who does not follow these guidelines to comply and the Library staff reserves the right to require that the user to consume the food outside of the Library.
Enforcement of the Library's food and beverage policy is designed to ensure a clean study and work environment for users and staff, to aid in the preservation and care of collections, and to maintain a pest-free building. Food and spilled beverages attract insects and can cause damage to Library materials.
Q: What if I break any of these rules?
1. Disciplinary action will be taken, and/or fines imposed on users who:
2. The following action/s will be taken against those who violate any of the Library rules and policies: